[Twisted-Python] Is Ampoule still maintained?

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Nov 19 21:39:47 MST 2012

On Nov 18, 2012, at 11:34 PM, Maxim Lacrima <lacrima.maxim at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 November 2012 18:57, Flavio Grossi <flaviogrossi at ymail.com> wrote:
> Maxim Lacrima <lacrima.maxim <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > However, from a look at a project page it seems that it is no longer
> > maintained. The latest release was about 2,5 years ago. Is it just bug
> > free, so new releases aren't required, or is it just unmaintained?
>
> i'm using it in production and i couldn't find any major problem
>
> however, i think you're right, it seems unmantained, i opened this bug
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ampoule/+bug/710597
> more than an year ago without any answer from the author (fortunately
> the fix is trivial)
>
> bye,
> flavio
> Thanks, Flavio!
>
> --
> with regards,
> Maxim

Would anyone else like to step up to volunteer to maintain Ampoule?

Twisted eventually needs to grow its own simplified process pool, and my hope was that Ampoule could serve as a proving ground to get that implemented and tested well.  I can probably harass dialtone to give commit access to some more people if there were real interest.

-glyph