[Twisted-Python] passing exception object to log.err doesn't log traceback?

Paul Wiseman poalman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 07:02:05 MST 2012

I was just looking at some logs and some of the errors logged without
tracebacks, I work out it was when I wasn't passing the error object to
log.err- Is this by design?

Here is some code which shows it logging and not logging the traceback

import os
from twisted.python import log
from twisted.python.logfile import DailyLogFile

logfile=
DailyLogFile.fromFullPath(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__),"error.log"))
log.startLogging(logfile)

def zero_error():
    1/0

def stack(x):