[Twisted-Python] question : dbus for twistd application framework

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue May 29 08:14:03 MDT 2012

On 05/28/2012 11:03 PM, bino oetomo wrote:
> Dear all ...
>
> I need my twistd script to also 'listen' to dbus.
> The only example that I found so far is :
> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/attachment/ticket/1352/dbus-twisted.py
> Buit that example not using some thing like :
> application = service.Application("MyApp")
>
> Is there any example of dbus implementation on twistd that use
> service.Application ?

Applications are just a *deployment* method, providing startup and
shutdown notification; they're not really relevant to how you interact
with dbus. See
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/application.html -
converting code from reactor.run() to Application/twistd usage just
involves creating a Service.