[Twisted-Python] Cannot install Twisted version 8 through PIP

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon May 14 09:54:00 EDT 2012

On 05/14/2012 09:35 AM, Pascal Briet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Well, there is no specific reason that we use the 8.2.0 version.
> It's just... history. We never needed to upgrade it.
>
> Do you think we can easily upgrade to 9/10/11/12 ??
> Thanks very much,

We have a strict backwards compatibility policy; anything that changes
or is removed will have deprecation warnings for at least 2 releases and
one year.

So the thing to do is, upgrade to version 9, run your program and make
sure its tests pass, and fix any code that triggers deprecation warnings
in Twisted. Repeat with each version until you're up to date. In most
cases this may take as little as a couple of hours of work; possibly
none if you didn't happen to be using any deprecated APIs.