[Twisted-Python] (no subject)

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue May 1 18:27:23 EDT 2012

On 05/01/2012 04:38 PM, Dmitriy Komarov wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Our team is setting up Twisted to access Mercurial over SSH.
So this means SSH is on the server side, right?

> SSH connection, key exchange, and receiving large amount of data from
> the client work nicely,
> but sending server data back to the client ends up with a PuTTY Fatal
> Error "Incoming packet was garbled on decryption" at a random point.
>
> If plink compression is disabled, the error happens very rarely, but
> overall SSH performance becomes unacceptable.
> If plink uses compression, the error occurs within 1-10 seconds from
> starting data download.
>
> To make things more hectic, on a rare occasion, PuTTY reports
> "Incorrect MAC received on packet" instead of "garbled on decryption".
>
> If anyone had a similar issue before, I'd appreciate any pointers on
> resolving or avoiding it.

What version of Twisted are you using? Likewise, what versions of
PyCrypto and pyASN1? I imagine issues could be in any of the three. If
you're using up-to-date versions of each, I don't see any pending
tickets or post-Twisted-12.0 bugfixes that reflect this, in which case a
good next step would be a minimal reproducing example.