[Twisted-Python] (no subject)

Dmitriy Komarov dmitriy at fogcreek.com
Tue May 1 16:38:09 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Our team is setting up Twisted to access Mercurial over SSH.

SSH connection, key exchange, and receiving large amount of data from the
client work nicely,
but sending server data back to the client ends up with a PuTTY Fatal Error
"Incoming packet was garbled on decryption" at a random point.

If plink compression is disabled, the error happens very rarely, but
overall SSH performance becomes unacceptable.
If plink uses compression, the error occurs within 1-10 seconds from
starting data download.

To make things more hectic, on a rare occasion, PuTTY reports "Incorrect
MAC received on packet" instead of "garbled on decryption".

If anyone had a similar issue before, I'd appreciate any pointers on
resolving or avoiding it.

Sincerely,
- Dmitriy