[Twisted-Python] Releasing 12.1

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue May 1 16:09:37 EDT 2012

Once 12.1 is out, we'll be able to drop Python 2.5 support in trunk.
This will make life easier for one of our Google Summer of Code students
who will be working on the start of Python 3 support, so it'd be good to
get it done soon. In order to release 12.1, we need:

1. To finish code reviews of remaining 12.1 tickets and merge:
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=Twisted-12.1

These include two gtk3 tickets: gtk3 is new in 12.1, and I'd like to
ship it bug free and feature complete. There's also a couple of tickets
which will make epoll the default reactor on Linux. While not strictly
necessary, they should be easy enough to get merged and it's a great
feature to have in; if they become a bottleneck we can drop this and
wait until the next release.

2. A volunteer to do the release. Any takers?

-Itamar