[Twisted-Python] [Twisted-commits] r33889 - Merge elementresource-5395: Add renderElement, for rendering Elements.

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Mar 17 20:20:23 MDT 2012

On Mar 17, 2012, at 7:53 AM, Itamar Turner-Trauring wrote:

> On 03/16/2012 10:51 PM, dreid at wolfwood.twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>> Author: dreid
>> Date: Fri Mar 16 20:51:46 2012
>> New Revision: 33889
>>
>> Added:
>>    trunk/twisted/web/topfiles/5395.feature
>>       - copied unchanged from r33888, /branches/elementresource-5395/twisted/web/topfiles/5395.feature
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/twisted/web/template.py
>>    trunk/twisted/web/test/test_template.py
>
> I notice no documentation was added. Perhaps we should start requiring
> documentation updates for all new features?

Before the ticket was closed, a separate ticket was filed for documentation: <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4983>.

I don't think that adding a hard requirement for documentation on every new thing as a prerequisite is necessarily a good idea (especially if a new contributor wants to add a feature, this adds to an already substantial burden), but someone should ask a question about documentation on any ticket that doesn't explicitly account for it, very early in the process.

-glyph