[Twisted-Python] HTTPS proxy with twisted?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 13 06:52:42 MDT 2012

On 12/03/12 16:11, Steve Chapel wrote:
> Well, the HTTPS proxy actually not an assignment. Getting the HTTPS
> proxy working is just the starting point we need before we can do any
> research, and at this point the research project is due in four weeks.
> If you can point to some twisted code for an HTTPS proxy or
> documentation for how to write one, that won't be giving us undue help
> but will enable us to have a chance to get the research done at all. At
> this point, I'm thinking of using a regular Python program because I
> found a MITM proxy already written, so we could start the research right
> away.

I got curious about how difficult this would be, and spent a bit of time
on it last night.

See here:

https://github.com/philmayers/txsslmitm

This is MIT licensed, as per Twisted. It is really a proof-of-concept,
but it does work in my tests.

I'm impressed how few lines of code it takes in Twisted to do this; it
really is an awesome framework!