[Twisted-Python] cfreactor and global state

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Mar 13 22:44:49 EDT 2012

twisted.internet.test.reactormixins says:

    CFReactor uses APIs which manipulate global state, so it's not safe
    to run its own reactor-builder tests under itself.

We also don't have a buildslave running under cfreactor. Which means
it's currently completely untested. I filed a ticket to fix that -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/twisted-buildbot-configuration/+bug/954680

That still leaves the problem with global state though. Since we want to
move towards having tests create new reactors, that's problematic. What
global state does it manipulate, and what can we do about it?