[Twisted-Python] Twisted/PyPy rocks!

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Mar 2 08:40:20 EST 2012

On 01:04 am, tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de wrote:
>>Fixing these failing tests, or working on getting the dependencies
>>working on
>>PyPy, would be a great way to contribute to both Twisted and PyPy. :)
>>
>>Jean-Paul
>
>It's funny: kqueue seems to be chasing me;)
>
>I've got PyPy release built from source on FreeBSD9, and Twisted trunk
>running
>complete Autobahn WebSockets testsuite green. Fine. But only for poll
>reactor.
>
>As it turns out, kqueue support in PyPy is not yet there .. I've
>contacted the
>PyPy guys .. code was started, but unfinished.
>
>I guess I'll take on finishing kqueue/PyPy. Have to see how complex
>that gets.
>My motivation is making FreeBSD, kqueue, Twisted, PyPy a fully working
>combination.
>
>In that course, I might also setup a 2nd FreeBSD slave for PyPy/Twisted
>trials.

Great!  If hardware is an issue at all, we have access to a FreeBSD
machine; just waiting for someone to set up a slave on it.
>I have yet to try pyOpenSSL, as that is actually the last piece
>(hopefully) of the
>puzzle ... hopefully that doesn't introduce more issues ..

Unfortunately, pyOpenSSL does not work on current PyPy.  There are just
a few simple APIs missing from PyPy's cpyext feature that pyOpenSSL
depends on, but they're blockers.

Jean-Paul