[Twisted-Python] AMP WebSockets bridging

Allen Short washort at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jun 15 17:10:04 MDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2012, at 10:13 AM, Laurens Van Houtven wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to get browsers to communicate with an AMP API.
>
> This is also what <https://launchpad.net/frack> is doing.  I hope that it becomes a common enough practice that there's a library for it :).

I should note that the code in Frack currently just uses amp commands
as a basis for JSON-RPC messages over HTTP. Obviously this loses a
major benefit of AMP, which is both ends being able to send messages;
also, there's no attempt to handle bytes. Adding some comet/websocket
flavor to this would be welcome, of course. ;-)