[Twisted-Python] deferred graph?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 17:40:41 EDT 2012

Hi.

I'm a Twisted neophyte, but I've been using Python a long time.

My question:
Is there a way of producing a deferred graph in a Python program at a given
point in time?  Perhaps something based on graphviz and objgraph.py?  We're
able to detect when we're having the problem, we just don't (yet) know its
cause.

Background:
I'm looking at some code with a bit over 200
addCallback/addErrback/addCallbacks in it.

It's got a problem where sometimes the deferreds seem to just stop
executing.  I see in the doc it says that this can happen if you've
neglected to add an errback to the end of one or more of your deferred
chains.

One of the people who's been here longer than me, indicated that he's gone
through the code looking for such issues, and didn't find any.  This
suggests to me that either there's some other cause, or that it really is a
deferred without a final errback, but it's hidden in a dark corner of the
code somewhere.

Thanks!