[Twisted-Python] Deserializing AMP callRemoteString without knowing the Command's signature

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Jun 27 02:09:44 EDT 2012

On Jun 26, 2012, at 12:09 PM, Laurens Van Houtven <_ at lvh.cc> wrote:

> On IRC:
> dreid pointed out that I really shouldn't need a language-specific implementation of a class for this to work
> teratorn pointed out that there is a JSON schema ticket for AMP. Perhaps there should also be a "DiscoverSchema" command?

Yes, definitely.  There's a ticket for this, even, I think, although I can't find it at the moment.

> Alternatively I could just cop out and require commands to be importable. Would make the code simpler but the entire design would become significantly more coupled.

I think this is where you should start.  For now, importing Command objects is how you learn about AMP serialization rules.  We have plans to expand that, but trying to build that at the same time as Amphibian is probably too much at once.  (By all means though, once it exists, Amphibian should use it.)

-glyph