[Twisted-Python] Make Twisted/PyPy a milestone?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jun 24 12:41:49 EDT 2012

On 23 Jun, 01:02 pm, tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'd like to ask if it would be appropriate and whether there is
>interest in making
>
>"support Twisted on PyPy"
>
>a project milestone for Twisted.
>
>I'd start contributing by setting up a buildslave for PyPy so that
>issues can be made transparent and identified and progress tracked.

Of course, feel free to contribute more reliable slaves to the project.
But there is already a PyPy builder set up, and has been for several
years.  A more productive contribution would probably be to fix the
tests that have been failing on it for most or all of that time. :)
>Since PyPy is still very fast moving, that would need to be a beefy
>machine, since I would track PyPy trunk doing nightly PyPy builds and
>then use that for Twisted trials.
>It likely would involve stopping buildbot for the short period of PyPy
>installation, restarting it afterwards.

Fortunately this isn't required.

Jean-Paul