[Twisted-Python] iConnector factory not what expected

Martin martin at webscio.net
Thu Jun 14 11:34:15 EDT 2012

Hi again,

I've a bit of code that does the following:

f = MyReconnectingClientFactory()
iConn = reactor.connectSSL(url, port, f, ssl.ClientContextFactory())

now I would expect that iConn.factory would be my f, but as it turns out
it's an instance of some TLSMemoryBIOFactory.. Why is that so?

After some digging, I was able to find f under
iConn.transport.protocol.wrappedProtocol.factory.. I'm happy to use
that, but it just sounds a bit weird to me.. or is this normal?

Cheers