[Twisted-Python] Log file ownership

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Jun 6 22:27:01 EDT 2012

On 06/06/2012 08:46 PM, Enrique Samson Jr, wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running an app as root on Linux using a .tac file and twistd. The
> application object is initialized with a certain gid and uid. Logging is
> configured to rotate daily by way of DailyLogFile. However, the log file
> it creates is owned by root with 600 file permission and log rotation is
> failing. I have read about acl to configure default file permissions but
> is there a way to solve this only in Twisted?

Perhaps someone else can comment on what might be a bug, but one thing
to do is to run your program directly as the uid and gid you want
(rather than than root). Since presumably the goal is to bind to a port
<1024, you can do that instead using authbind
(http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/hardy/man1/authbind.1.html).