[Twisted-Python] DeprecationWarning and PotentialZombieWarning

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Jun 6 16:40:18 EDT 2012

On 07:58 pm, kmcintyre at greenchargenet.com wrote:
>I recently upgraded to 12.0.0 and was running my process in the shell,
>when this error/warning was thrown.  Any idea what it means?
>
>DeprecationWarning: twisted.internet.error.PotentialZombieWarning was
>deprecated in Twisted 10.0.0: There is no longer any potential for
>zombie process.

This attribute and others are deprecated.  APIs and behaviors are
deprecated for at least two releases before they are removed or
otherwise changed incompatibly.

I don't know what the line of code pointed at by the warning is from or
is trying to do:
>o = getattr (m, sym)

Considering how many warnings it triggered, it looks like it may be some
code that is traversing _all_ the APIs in Twisted?  Perhaps the warnings
are harmless, then, since after we remove the deprecated APIs, the code
will no longer see them and no longer try to visit them.

If that doesn't sound right, then it may help for you to further explain
what was going on when you encountered these warnings.

Jean-Paul