[Twisted-Python] SMTP authentication

Sarah Addis sarahaddis3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 08:00:39 MDT 2012

Sorry to be unhelpful in describing the issue. The password and username
credentials are all correct. I am using BuildBot MailNotifier to send an
email each time a build has taken place:

                 from buildbot.status import mail

                 c['status'].append(mail.MailNotifier(

                 fromaddr="build at companyname.co.uk",
                 extraRecipients=[example at companyname.com",],

                 sendToInterestedUsers=False,
                 mode='all',
                 relayhost="smtp.companyname.lan",

                 useTls=False,
                 smtpUser="username",
                 smtpPassword="password"))

I am a new user to twisted and am unsure of what it would be helpful to
show. The traceback I have shown is from the twistd.log. If I can't expect
it to work with some other authentication method then how can the problem
be resolved?