[Twisted-Python] Ping on Ticket

Kevin Horn kevin.horn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 08:15:54 MDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Dan Milstein <dan at wingu.com> wrote:

> Just wanted to make sure I followed the proper steps.  Two weeks ago, I
> submitted a patch to an existing bug in twisted.mail.imap4, along with new
> tests + a description of what I did:
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4080
>
> Is there anything else I should be doing, at this point?
>
> Thanks,
> -Dan

Pretty much exactly what you are doing.  Sadly it sometimes takes a while
to get a ticket reviewed.

(this part of the process is sometimes frustrating, but it really does lead
to quality software!)

The only thing(s) you can really do at this point is keep reminding people
about your ticket, which you have done in this email.
You might also try the #twisted IRC channel on freenode to see if anyone is
available (or will be available soon) to review this.

Once the patch/ticket is reviewed, you'll likely need to make a few changes
(it's rare in my experience for a patch to go in on the first round of
review) and then it'll need to be reviewed again.  I have found that the
faster you can get those changes submitted, the faster subsequent rounds of
review happen, since the ticket is now on someone's mental "radar".

Thanks for contributing to Twisted!

Kevin Horn