[Twisted-Python] deferred graph?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:31:53 MDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 3:32 AM, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> I don't think anything in the thread suggested that this approach will
> circumvent a time.sleep(10) call.

I'm not sure where you're getting this circumvention issue from.

>  In any case, it won't.  Why is there
> a time.sleep(10) call there at all?  Does it do anything except cause a
> problem?

The sleep is not a problem.  The sleep allows me to see whether the
debugging info I want is output immediately, or whether I need to wait for
the program to terminate to see it.

I put in the sleep simply because I have another program with an infinite
loop, and I'd like to do something similar to it to get debugging info
periodically (no sleep, but lots of other stuff going on), without having
to wait for a program termination that is unlikely to come anytime soon.

I'm starting to  think I need to temporarily make the infinite loop finite.