[Twisted-Python] Twisted in a multicore environment

Corbin Simpson cds at corbinsimpson.com
Thu Jul 12 06:58:20 MDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 08:10:45AM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> Is there something similar to Ampoule but allowing to spawn processes
> across different servers? Something that would provide
> "deferToRemoteAMPProcess".

AFAIK, not exactly. You can pretty easily craft this yourself, though.

The main problem is figuring out how to ask your remote server to spawn
the very first Twisted instance; once you've got that, you can spawn
workers through Ampoule that will connect to the master and communicate
using the same AMP description. It might be easier, at that point, to
just build a small dispatcher for your AMP commands and do it all
explicitly. I guess it would depend on your needs.

~ C.