[Twisted-Python] Twisted in a multicore environment

Augusto Mecking Caringi augustocaringi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:14:27 MDT 2012

Hi,

    I'm researching the best way to implement/use a Twisted-based
server in a multicore environment...

    There is the Ampoule project, that I realize is considered the
best way to do that. Right?

    I'm also reading about the internals of Nginx HTTP server. This
server utilizes the same reactor pattern of Twisted (epoll based)...

    "What resulted is a modular, event-driven, asynchronous,
single-threaded, non-blocking architecture which became the foundation
of nginx code." http://www.aosabook.org/en/nginx.html

    But to maximize the use of processors in a multicore environment,
Nginx do this:

    "nginx doesn't spawn a process or thread for every connection.
Instead, worker processes accept new requests from a shared "listen"
socket and execute a highly efficient run-loop inside each worker to
process thousands of connections per worker"

    My question: There is something similar in Twisted? Or do you
think that is easy to implement something like that?

    Thanks!

--
Augusto Mecking Caringi