[Twisted-Python] EuroPython 2012 Twisted tutorial postmortem

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.cc
Sun Jul 8 10:23:32 MDT 2012

Oh, yes, that reminds me: I should talk about the helpdesk :)

The format is basically that someone sits at a predefined location from
conference start 'till lunch (9:00 - 13:00 -- but you should probably be
there at least 15 minutes earlier). There's a way for people to sign up and
reserve a slot, but you also get a lot of people randomly walking past,
especially in between talks.

People come up to me with anything and everything they'd like to know about
Twisted.

Adi and Jacob Hallen had questions about ongoing development activity
(about ftp and Divmod Nevow respectively).

Most of the questions were fortunately pretty easy/quick fixes and involved
pointing people to the appropriate support sources, documentation, modules,
functions... Stuff like "How do I wait on mulitple deferreds", "How do I
work around blocking libraries" etc

Fortunately the only loaded question was during the tutorial (about gevent
;))

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> On 7 July 2012 16:05, Laurens Van Houtven <_ at lvh.cc> wrote:
> >
> > Hey :)
> >
> > As some of you probably know Stephen and I did the Twisted Tutorial at
> > EuroPython.
> >
> > Let me start off by saying that there was a lot of interest. A picture
> > says a thousand words:
> >

> Congrats for the the tutorial!
>
> I don't know if the Twisted HelpDesk was as popular as the tutorial,
> but I would like to thank Laurens for dedicating time for the
> helpdesk. At least for me the helpesk was very useful.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Adi Roiban

cheers