[Twisted-Python] [RFC] Introducing six as a dependency

Gavin Panella gavin at gromper.net
Thu Jul 26 12:33:55 EDT 2012

On 26 July 2012 16:55, Vladimir Perić <vlada.peric at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a note, currently, I would need at least the reraise and exec_
> functions from six;

Fwiw, reraise is fairly trivial and wouldn't be a big thing to carry
in Twisted.

exec(code, [globals, [locals]]) works on both Python 2 and Python 3,
and seem to have similar behaviour, so I'm not sure why exec_ is
needed. Indeed, test_exec_() from the six source passes using the
builtin exec in place of six.exec_. Ah, I've tried only with Python
2.6 and 2.7; perhaps there are differences on earlier 2.x versions?