[Twisted-Python] Ping on Ticket

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jul 23 15:13:53 EDT 2012

On 01:54 pm, dan at wingu.com wrote:
>Just wanted to make sure I followed the proper steps.  Two weeks ago, I
>submitted a patch to an existing bug in twisted.mail.imap4, along with
>new tests + a description of what I did:
>
>http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/4080
>
>Is there anything else I should be doing, at this point?

Others have largely answered this.  However, I'll also mention that one
thing you can do to speed up the process is contribute to the review of
tickets.  Each ticket you review makes it more likely that another
reviewer will select *your* ticket to review. :)

Many people are hesitant to participate in the reviewer side of the
process.  Don't be.  Particularly if you have knowledge and experience
in one of the application domains Twisted tries to support - for
example, IMAP4 - you can contribute significantly to the project by
giving reviews that focus on that application domain and leave other
aspects of the review (boring things like coding standard compliance,
documentation requirements, etc) up to other reviews until you feel
comfortable taking them on yourself.  Just be sure to mention in your
review that you focused on a subset so the reviewee doesn't mistakenly
thing they have nothing else to address.

Jean-Paul