[Twisted-Python] EuroPython 2012 Twisted tutorial postmortem

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.cc
Sat Jul 7 09:05:39 EDT 2012

Hey :)

As some of you probably know Stephen and I did the Twisted Tutorial at EuroPython.

Let me start off by saying that there was a lot of interest. A picture says a thousand words:

(We got upgraded to the bigger room because it was booked entirely and people were apparently still trying to get in -- that makes the Twisted tutorial the only one to be sold out before the conference even began, let alone doing that two years in a row!)

Overall it went pretty well, but given that we had Orestis' slides to build on that was a pretty safe bet :)

For next year, I think Stephen and I agree that a TDD approach to the exercises would be superior, because you'd acquaint people with trial and good software development practice at the same time. Plus, it's a lot clearer than human-langage specification of what an exercise solution should do ;)

cheers
lvh