[Twisted-Python] regarding ticket #2328

Yaroslav Fedevych jaroslaw.fedewicz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 11:07:28 MST 2012

I, for one, second the question.

What I'm currently missing is even the basic information on what, more
exactly, Twisted Words is and what it is not. Recently, I heard some
potential customer talking about a universal messaging gateway (multiple
protocols (including email), throttling, in some cases — per-message
charging, messaging storage). I was wondering if t.words is something
which is exactly right to use for projects like that and what facilities
it provides to help me.

Currently I see it is mostly client-oriented. I can only see an IRC
protocol (server-side), I however don't see what interfaces I need to
implement for a working pluggable messaging server. Maybe I'm looking at
wrong places or misunderstand the purpose of t.words altogether.

--
Yaroslav Fedevych
jaroslaw.fedewicz at gmail.com
Custom networked sofware solutions