[Twisted-Python] Extending twisted.words.protocols.irc

Kevin Horn kevin.horn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:44:12 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Matthew Pounsett <matt at conundrum.com>wrote:

> I've written some methods for twisted.words.protocols.irc.IRCClient that
> seem like they (or something like them) should be part of the main
> distribution.  What's the preferred way to pass those along for
> consideration?  Posting here?  Open a ticket on the tracker?  If the
> latter, should I send them all as one batch, or separate them into related
> chunks?
>
> Thanks!

Probably the best way to submit code is to open a ticket on the tracker,
with an attached patch as a unified diff against the current twisted trunk.

Failing a unified diff, you can attach just a patch, but it will slow down
getting your code into Twisted.

Probably the best thing you can do to speed up inclusion of your code into
Twisted is to include unit tests with your patch.

The next best thing is to be active on the ticket.  Pay attention to
updates, code reviews, etc.

See also: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ContributingToTwistedLabs

Good luck!

Kevin Horn