[Twisted-Python] CopyableFailure fails

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Feb 20 10:12:58 EST 2012

On 7 Feb, 12:41 am, wolfgang at rohdewald.de wrote:
>Am Montag, 6. Februar 2012, 23:12:29 schrieb exarkun at twistedmatrix.com:
>>On 08:07 pm, wolfgang at rohdewald.de wrote:
>> >Hi,
>>
>> >with twisted 11.0.0 and python 2.7, my error fails here:
>>Hello,
>>
>>Please provide a minimal example reproducing the problem so we can
>>discuss it.  See http://sscce.org/ for more details.
>
>I was hoping it would be self-evident. Trimming this to a short example
>could be rather much work. I hope the full backtrace will help.

Would anyone else like to try to construct a minimal example for this
and file a ticket for it?  The problem *appears* to be due to the fact
that `Exception` does not support conversion to a string when it is
wrapped around unicode.  eg,

  >>> str(Exception(u'\N{SNOWMAN}'))
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2603' in
position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

Jean-Paul