[Twisted-Python] transport.getPeerCertificate in connectionMade

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 21 15:11:54 MDT 2012

On Aug 21, 2012, at 6:20 AM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 20/08/12 18:50, Glyph wrote:
>
>> Yup, it's a bug, reported 3 years ago:
>>
>> <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3687>
>>
>> It's definitely a problem.  Perhaps worse is the fact that startTLS()
>> doesn't directly give you that notification either.  Please feel free
>> to contribute a fix :).
>
> Would the best approach be to open a new ticket, or re-open that with
> with tests & patch?

Open a new one that links to the old one, since description and subject editing is restricted, and it's important that this have a descriptive subject that refers to the problem and not just one proposed solution.  Really, when this was originally closed, the subject should have been changed to reflect the real problem rather than closed as wontfix, since there is a real problem here.  But we are faced with the problem of what to do today, not what should have been done then ;).

(And since Trac is dumb and can't do this automatically, add a comment to the old one that links to the new one.)

> I'm thinking that something akin to IHalfCloseable, given the discussion in the original ticket.

That sounds reasonable to me.

-g