[Twisted-Python] simple example for twisted ssh server with public key authentification

Duncan McGreggor duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 17:59:38 MDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Gelonida N <gelonida at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to be sure, whether anybody has a small example snippet of
> a twisted ssh server with public key authentification.

So, um, simple? Not sure if I can help you there ;-) This was simple at one
point, when it was part of an IRC logging bot that offered an SSH shell
(manhole) to manipulate live objects, but it has since been split out into
its own project:
  https://github.com/dreamhost/dreamssh

Best case scenario, it provides what you need.

Worst case scenario, you can fork it and remove all the crap that you don't
need ;-)

Note that dreamssh provides the Twisted-standard manhole interpreter, as
well as a custom "echo" interpreter, intended to offer an example of how to
create your own ssh shell (I've started using this in a text-based
adventure game, with the ultimate goal of using it as the interface for a
Twisted-base MUD).