[Twisted-Python] TAP howto: doesn't appear to cover installation

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.cc
Fri Aug 3 11:13:00 MDT 2012

Hi,

I'm reading the tap how to: http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/tap.html

In the conclusion, it says:

• Use it from your development environment
• Install it correctly and use it in deployment

I can get it to work from my development environment, but I can't find anything about installing it. I'm using a fairly run-of-the-mill distribute-powered setup.py. What do I do?

This package will always be installed into a site-packageless virtualenv. Ideally the virtualenv's twistd will know all about the new plugin.

On a tangentially related note, my Options class is completely empty. That's not because my project has no configuration options, but simply because I invariably take them from the environment. Does that mean I'm doing it wrong?

cheers
lvh