[Twisted-Python] Running and supervising twistd daemons

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.cc
Sat Aug 18 07:35:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

What's the nicest way to run and supervise a twistd daemon?

I hear good things about systemd, but I can't figure out if it's PR or actual awesome new tech. It's not impossible to get on Debian, but certainly not the default (and IIUC not even in stable yet). While I understand how it's great for desktops, I'm trying to run a server. I don't really see how faster boot-up or socket-based activation really helps me there, certainly not up to the point where it warrants the apparent extra complexity.

I'm perfectly happy just throwing supervisord or daemontools at it, but I'm just trying to see if there's better tools that I've missed.

cheers
lvh