[Twisted-Python] defer.inlineCallbacks dosn't work with cython, deferredGenerator does.

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Apr 9 14:01:20 MDT 2012

On Apr 9, 2012, at 3:05 AM, gelin yan wrote:

> I personally hope deferredGenerator will be always there even python 2.4 support has been abandoned. deferredGenerator itself is not so elegant as inlineCallbacks, at least I don't need to struggle with a series of callback functions..

We would like to get rid of deferredGenerator eventually; it's worse than inlineCallbacks in pretty much every way.  It sounds like you have discovered a bug though, either in Twisted, or, more likely, in Cython.  Please narrow down the bug so it can be fixed and you can start using inlineCallbacks in Cython.

For now, just keep an eye on new deferredGenerator tickets and comment on any that appear to request its removal; there's an RSS feed at <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/timeline> which may be useful to you for that.  If you put a comment on any such ticket I'm sure we can wait a while for Cython to fix the bug.

-glyph