[Twisted-Python] [Divmod-users] [ANN] Pyflakes 0.5.0

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Mon Sep 5 06:38:08 MDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net> wrote:
> Ahh, I see. The projects haven't been split into separate repositories (yet?).

Apparently this is difficult to do while still preserving history. I
wasn't involved in the actual svn -> bzr conversion, so I can't really
elaborate on the reasons for that.

> That's going to cause a little bit of confusion, given that projects
> like <https://launchpad.net/pyflakes> exist. Perhaps a good idea for
> now is to seize pyflakes & any projects like it, move all of their
> bugs to https://launchpad.net/divmod.org and update any text to point
> to that project.

As I understand it, the idea is to keep the multiple projects in order
to differentiate bugs instead of having them all lumped together. If
you think there's a better way of doing that, perhaps you could expand
on that, and JP / Glyph can weigh in with the original reasoning on
the way it is currently.

> The branch is <lp:~jml/pyflakes/duplicate-class-defs>, linked from
> <https://code.launchpad.net/pyflakes/+activereviews>.
>
> There was a ticket for it in the divmod tracker with review
> conversation, but I've lost track of it. Sorry.

The divmod tracker has also lost track of it, due to the Trac DB
corruption, so that sorta sucks :/

The branch is constructed in a way that (I believe) can't be merged
into the "combined" trunk, so I guess the first step is to rebuild it
on top of the divmod.org repo, and then put it up for merge on
Launchpad. I'll see what I can do about that, even if I can't promise
you a review.