[Twisted-Python] Autobahn WebSockets 0.4.3

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:53:05 MDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Tobias Oberstein
<tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de> wrote:
>> Hi, how do I run the unit tests for Autobahn? Trial doesn't work, and there
>> don't appear to be any instances of unittest's classes in the tree.
>
> Please see here
>
> http://www.tavendo.de/autobahn/testsuite.html#test_browsers
>
> to get started.
>
> What do you want to test? Own client, own server?

I wanted to test Autobahn's internals. Unit tests, not integration
tests. The integration test stuff is pretty cool, too, but I was
hoping for tests which verify Autobahn's behavior internally.

>> Also, is it possible to run the Autobahn pub-sub and RPC stuff over a
>> different transport than WebSockets, like plain TCP?
>
> In principle, the RPC and PubSub protocol is designed to work
> over
>
> * reliable, ordered, full-duplex message channel
> * any serialization format that supports lists and primitive types
>
> Currently, the only binding is WebSocket/JSON.
>
> Raw TCP as a transport .. well, you need some message framing
> anyway. WebSocket is already quite bare metal.

Well, TCP would fulfill the channel, and something like AMP could be
the serializer, I guess. I'm not super-picky. I just wanted to know
how flexible the whole thing is.

~ C.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>