[Twisted-Python] Autobahn WebSockets 0.4.3

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Mon Oct 31 15:27:52 MDT 2011

> Hi, how do I run the unit tests for Autobahn? Trial doesn't work, and there
> don't appear to be any instances of unittest's classes in the tree.

Please see here

http://www.tavendo.de/autobahn/testsuite.html#test_browsers

to get started.

What do you want to test? Own client, own server?

> Also, is it possible to run the Autobahn pub-sub and RPC stuff over a
> different transport than WebSockets, like plain TCP?

In principle, the RPC and PubSub protocol is designed to work
over

* reliable, ordered, full-duplex message channel
* any serialization format that supports lists and primitive types

Currently, the only binding is WebSocket/JSON.

Raw TCP as a transport .. well, you need some message framing
anyway. WebSocket is already quite bare metal.

What are you thinking of? Whats your use case?