[Twisted-Python] First pre-release of Twisted 11.1.0

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Oct 26 07:09:07 EDT 2011

On Oct 21, 2011, at 10:28 AM, Thomas Hervé wrote:

> * A special mention to the new abortConnection support on TCP and SSL
>   connections, heroically pushed by Itamar and Jean-Paul, and the
>   oldest ticket closed by this release.

After doing some testing of my own, I am discovering that there may be some issues with the prerelease in this area.  I'm getting this traceback when running Calendar Server under a load simulator:

Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".../twisted/python/log.py", line 84, in callWithLogger
    return callWithContext({"system": lp}, func, *args, **kw)
  File ".../twisted/python/log.py", line 69, in callWithContext
    return context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args, **kw)
  File ".../twisted/python/context.py", line 118, in callWithContext
    return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args, **kw)
  File ".../twisted/python/context.py", line 81, in callWithContext
    return func(*args,**kw)
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File ".../twisted/internet/selectreactor.py", line 150, in _doReadOrWrite
    why = getattr(selectable, method)()
  File ".../twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 199, in doRead
    rval = self.protocol.dataReceived(data)
  File ".../twisted/protocols/tls.py", line 413, in dataReceived
    self._flushReceiveBIO()
  File ".../twisted/protocols/tls.py", line 360, in _flushReceiveBIO
    self._shutdownTLS()
  File ".../twisted/protocols/tls.py", line 427, in _shutdownTLS
    self.transport.loseConnection()
  File ".../twisted/internet/_newtls.py", line 71, in loseConnection
    return self._base.loseConnection(self._connection, reason)
  File ".../twisted/internet/abstract.py", line 360, in loseConnection
    self.connectionLost(_connDone)
  File ".../twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 272, in connectionLost
    self._closeSocket(not reason.check(error.ConnectionAborted))
exceptions.AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'check'

Note that none of my application code is showing up on the stack: just Twisted, which makes me think that this is a bug that _could_ be reproduced without a big application :).

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?  I will file a ticket soon but I'd love to have some reproduction instructions...

This definitely doesn't happen under 11.0, so it is a new problem in trunk/11.1.

-glyph