[Twisted-Python] Twisted for Python 3

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Oct 21 13:23:53 EDT 2011

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:46:41 -0400
"Itamar Turner-Trauring" <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
> Patches to Twisted trunk are also good for things that'll make 2to3 output
> work with less manual fixes (e.g. renaming variables named "callable" to
> something else).

Ah, good example indeed. I take it you had already tried a 2to3 run?
(I was quite baffled by this one)

I think I'm going to follow a two-pronged approach right now:
- contribute some patches to trunk for 2to3/3.x-friendliness
- continue work on the t3k branch, because a working result is
  more interesting even if some of it has to be amended later

I'm still split about the B("") thing. Do note that a simple regex is
not enough, because of string continuations.

Regards

Antoine.