[Twisted-Python] Does anyone use ampoule in production?

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 01:39:13 MST 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 11:40 PM, gelin yan <dynamicgl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi glyph
>      I attached a file for this purpose. there is a number 4073 inside the
> code. when i use any smaller value, the function return a correct result. I
> use win 7 & twisted 11.1 at the moment. I am not sure whether this limit
> comes from os or not.

A few intrepid hackers working on Win32 platforms reported similar
issues with Bravo, which uses Ampoule extensively. We chalked it up to
Win32 weirdness and told people to use better operating systems when
deploying Bravo. The only hack which seemed to alleviate the problem
was changing Twisted's subprocess management to allocate massive
(64KiB) buffers for the subprocess pipes instead of zeroing them out.
I have no idea what the correct answer is.

~ C.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>