[Twisted-Python] Twisted Project Jobs Volunteer

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Mon Nov 14 03:48:07 MST 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 09:20:46PM -0500, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2011, at 1:13 AM, Tim Allen wrote:
> > Should I update the "GitMirror" page to suggest people run "git svn
> > clone -rHEAD" instead of using the no-longer-updated official mirror?
> > Perhaps the page should also be renamed?
>
> Sounds like this is a better idea than what we're advising people to
> do now,

GitMirror page updated.

I discovered a wrinkle, though: it turns out that "git svn clone -rHEAD"
only works if the HEAD of the SVN repo happens to be a commit to trunk.
If the HEAD happens to be a commit on a branch, tag, or anything else,
it only downloads the contents of the branch, tries to set up the trunk
and can't find it, then collapses in a heap.

I've added a step that uses "svn info" to find the last trunk commit, so
the user can substitute that revision number into the "git svn clone"
command.

I'd appreciate it if anyone with a vague familiarity with Git could read
over the page and tell me if there's anything I can improve.