[Twisted-Python] Twisted Project Jobs Volunteer

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Sat Nov 12 23:13:41 MST 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:18:03AM +1100, Tim Allen wrote:
> In fact, it seems you can just specify "-rHEAD" and you'll get a repo
> with only the latest trunk revision in it. If the resulting repository
> can gracefully handle updates that add new branches, and new commits on
> old branches that haven't been imported, this would probably be the best
> approach for Git-using potential contributors.

I did a git-svn clone with "-rHEAD" on the day I posted that message,
and now when I run "git svn fetch" my repository has the following
branches:

    $ git branch -a
    * master
      remotes/svn/multicast-doc-4262
      remotes/svn/new-resource-5379
      remotes/svn/select-halfclose-3037
      remotes/svn/trunk
      remotes/svn/udp-doread-win-3396-2
      remotes/svn/website-template-5380

The "gitk" branch visualisation tool shows me that SVN trunk is currently at
r33098 (which merged udp-doread-win-3396-2, although it doesn't show up
as a merge commit in git) and all the other branches have been created
from that point. So, it looks like it is gracefully handling new
branches, which is all we really wanted.

Should I update the "GitMirror" page to suggest people run "git svn
clone -rHEAD" instead of using the no-longer-updated official mirror?
Perhaps the page should also be renamed?