[Twisted-Python] Twisted Project Jobs Volunteer

Dave Peticolas dave at krondo.com
Tue Nov 8 19:30:52 MST 2011

2011/11/8 Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>

> On Nov 8, 2011, at 5:11 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> >> If so, can someone update this:
> >>
> >> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/GitMirror
> >
> > Apparently not.  It seems the other volunteers to deal with the git
> > mirror haven't been able to dedicate the time necessary to this.
> >
> > Anyone new want to step up?
>
> I should stress that the most pressing problem here is not necessarily to
> provide a comprehensive, elaborate, automatic mirroring setup, but rather
> to provide canonical, correct, convenient instructions to people who are
> submitting tickets for review, and who want to use git for development.
>  Ideally these instructions would not end up knocking over our version
> control server, either :).  Right now, patches from git users show up in a
> variety of states of confusion and disarray: they're either based on an
> incredibly ancient version of trunk, or they're on a non-master branch of
> some repository and they don't say that, or they include 'a/' and 'b/'
> prefixes (i.e. they're -p1 patches when they should be -p0 according to the
> submission standard).
>
> This is increasingly frustrating for me as a reviewer.  I've got git
> installed; I don't even mind running a git command or two in the process of
> doing a review.  But I would really like to get our submission standards
> straight so that the patches and branches that show up for review are
> something I (and others) can sensibly apply.

I am about to go out of town, but when I get back (December) I will have a
go at this
if no one else has done so already.

Every time in the past when I have attempted to make a git clone of the
Twisted repository,
git has complained that the Twisted svn repo is corrupt in some way. If
there is already a
reliable bzr mirror of Twisted, it might be easier to base the git repo on
that instead. Does
that seem feasible?

dave