[Twisted-Python] Docs HTML suggestion/request for moving between versions.

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Nov 3 06:40:14 MDT 2011

On 26 Oct, 03:29 pm, p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk wrote:
>Lately, I've taken to finding Twisted docs by writing:
>
>twisted.internet.task.Cooperator
>
>...into the Chrome bar'o'magic and hitting return to get the Google
>hit.
>This is great, except that the resultant Google hits almost always
>point
>me to the 8.2.0 HTML docs. 2nd hit is (currently) 11.0 docs.
>
>Obviously it's tricky to force Google to put "current" at the top! But
>could we maybe have a little <select> dropdown in the top-right that
>shows the version, and lets you pick a new one and have the page
>reload?
>
>It strikes me that this would be useful in general, for flicking back
>and forward between two versions of the docs page for a given
>method/API.

I've updated http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/8.0.0/api/ - compare it
to the old http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/old-8.0.0/api/ for
problems, please.  If it looks good, I can update all the other versions
of the API documentation as well.

If you have style suggestions, please submit them as merge proposals to
<lp:~twisted-dev/pydoctor/twisted-templates-2>.

Thanks,
Jean-Paul