[Twisted-Python] XML-RPC Server in multiservice application

Don Schoeman don at delphexonline.com
Sun Nov 27 06:58:21 EST 2011

I've got a multiservice application running and I'm using the
MultiService class from twisted.application.service to do this. All my
existing services are setup as children of my multiservice instance.

In addition I'd like to run an XML/RPC server as as well. Is it ok if I
instantiate the XML/RPC listening server as per the examples?

r = MyXMLRPCServer()
reactor.listenTCP(7080, server.Site(r))

I've tried this and it does seem to peacefully co-exist alongside the
other services, but is this the correct way of implementing the XML/RPC
server on a multiservice application?

Kind Regards,
Don Schoeman