[Twisted-Python] Using Trial with Eclipse and PyDev

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Nov 14 14:30:55 EST 2011

On Nov 14, 2011, at 10:39 AM, Tom Sheffler wrote:

> I've seen a few answers regarding this topic around the net, but nothing recent.
>
> I've enjoyed using the Twisted code-base in Eclipse, and have also liked running unittests in the PyDev framework.  However, I haven't been successful integrating Trial tests with the PyDev runner.  I did get Trial to run, but the output isn't really understood and parsed by PyDev the way I did it.
>
> If anyone has any pointers, I'd appreciate suggestions.
>
> - I'd like the PASSED/FAILED/ERROR/SKIPPED states to be understood by PyDev.
> - I'd also like the _trial_temp/test.log file to be displayed in an Eclipse window
>
> Overall, I'm very happy with Trial as it is.  Using it in Eclipse almost seems greedy. ;-}

Hi Tom,

I had a similar experience when I used PyDev.

I think that the right thing to do is submit a patch to PyDev, as this is simply new behavior that you need to implement, as it implements support for the built-in Python unittest runner.

Good luck; and let us know if you come up with anything,

-glyph