[Twisted-Python] Twisted Project Jobs Volunteer

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Wed Nov 9 18:18:03 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 09:30:57AM -0500, Tom Davis wrote:
> It's worth noting that you aren't *required* to clone all eight trillion
> Twisted revisions in order to get a working clone. Doing `git svn clone
> -rN:HEAD <url>` where `N` is some revision number will only clone from
> that revision.

Yet another useful thing I've missed in the git-svn manpage. Thanks!

In fact, it seems you can just specify "-rHEAD" and you'll get a repo
with only the latest trunk revision in it. If the resulting repository
can gracefully handle updates that add new branches, and new commits on
old branches that haven't been imported, this would probably be the best
approach for Git-using potential contributors.