[Twisted-Python] [ANN] txWS 0.6.2

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 17:33:29 EST 2011

Hi,

I figured I should announce this, so: txWS 0.6.2 has been made
available. You can grab it from PyPI
(http://pypi.python.org/pypi/txWS) or from source on Github
(https://github.com/MostAwesomeDude/txWS).

txWS is a small, single-module library for augmenting Twisted with
WebSockets support. Unlike other approaches, txWS has a minimalist
philosophy and only provides enough WebSockets machinery to wrap
server factories. Notably, txWS does not provide a WebSockets client;
we believe that it is harmful to the ecosystem of the Internet to do
so. (Additionally, I'm only paid for the server-side stuff.)

Feedback (i.e. criticism, insults) is welcome; this library has seen
exactly zero usage outside OSUOSL and we hope to continue to
contribute to the Twisted world.

~ C.
Oregon State University Open Source Lab

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>