[Twisted-Python] any chat (comet) application for twisted web

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Nov 2 18:34:40 EDT 2011

On Nov 2, 2011, at 2:34 PM, Alexey Ganzha wrote:

> Hi!
> Thanks again, Glyph for the link.
> It took me less an hour to embed chat app in existent site (except that
> nevow is hosted on lanuchpad now, instead of divmod.org).
> It is ready to use, just according to the tutorial. Just add some js and
> css to chatthing package to skin athena app.

Glad to hear it!

> One problem - i had to use it as a separate app. My own app is a raw
> twisted.web.
> I saw OldResourceAdapter in Nevows code. Possible it need to write my
> own NewResourceAdapter for twisted.web :)
>
> Any suggestions everybody? May be somebody had already implemented that
> (embed Nevow as a t.w.Resource)?

I don't know if anyone's done it at the API level - there are some limitations in twisted web that might make it problematic.  But, you can always easily set up a reverse proxy so that your nevow server can live in the same URL structure as the rest of your Twisted app!

> Thanks again for Your help, guys.
> Twisted is beautiful.

Thanks for saying so :).

-glyph